My little booklings are finding their ways to their new mamas and papas!
And it is a bit unnerving! As Restore My Soul journeys out into the world and into the hands of wonderful folks like you, I have a lot of things running around in my imagination…
- Is my book sitting in someone’s pile of mail on a table in a kitchen, waiting to be opened?
- Is there someone sitting with a nice cup of coffee reading my book at this very minute?
- Did it get stuck on a bookshelf where it will sit for a year before the owner touches it again?
- Are there copies of my book, riding around in people’s shoulder bags, waiting for their owner to have a few minutes to read?
- Did anyone out there thumb through it, dismiss it, and toss into a recycling bin???
My best response to my wild and oftentimes unhelpful imagination is similar to my best response when it comes to launching my flesh children: pray for my own heart as I pray for them and be as supportive as is appropriate along the way.
WHAT’S HELPFUL NOW for getting the word out about Restore My Soul?
- Follow me on Instagram (@janicemcwilliams) if you have an account please–helps me seem more legit on that platform to have more followers.
- Post a photo of yourself with the book on social media–as I’ve been watching folks do this, there is almost always a comment below a post like this with someone saying they are going to buy the book–someone outside my circles, so it really does help!
A series of short videos where Barbie (yes, the doll) is learning the lessons of soul-restoring self-care that I will be posting on social media just after Thanksgiving. I hope you will all find yourself laughing at these funny, homemade gems! Your likes, shares and re-posts will be helpful when the videos come out.